WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN IN MODULE ONE: OPTIMIZING YOUR ASSESSMENT – STARTING WITH THE INTRINSIC KINETIC CHAIN
Breath, breathing, and the players of respiration sets the groundwork to explore the DNA™ template of assessment.
When you complete the Module One seminar, you will have a greater understanding of integrating the following skills and neurological principles.
- Qualify an indicator
- Identify the 4 modes of indicator response
- Identify the players of respiration in the exhalation and inhalation phases of breath
- Assess the subsystem function of the breathing apparatus
- Sequence a long series kinetic chain
- Eccentrically evaluate the pelvic and thoracic diaphragms
- Map the players of respiration in the breathing apparatus
- Use multiple therapy localization strategies that allows you to double check your work
- Establish and maintain a safe container for your clients
Having a solid foundation in Module One will allow you to progress to more advanced movement assessment strategies.
DNA™ Module 1 Synopsis: Breath, Breathing and the Players of Respiration
DNA™ Module 1 focuses on the intrinsic Kinetic Chain. This work is the next level paradigm shift in movement assessment.
We start with the Intrinsic Kinetic Chain because breath and breathing is the barometer for the nervous system. If there are player/s in respiration that are not cooperating in the firing sequence of the kinetic chain, then other players will become up-regulated. This synergistic relationship leads to an up-regulated sympathetic nervous system. Restoring a balanced parasympathetic response is often the first element in the therapeutic process.